Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Pantry Challenge: On the Menu this Week

The second week of January I embarked on a Pantry Challenge in which I intend to be intentional about using up what I preserved from my garden last fall and have stocked up in my pantry over the last year.  If you want to know more details about how I plan to accomplish this, check out my post here.

As I looked at my calendar this week, I realized that we are over half way through Feb & the time I designated for this pantry challenge is almost over as well.  It is time to evaluate my pantry & see if I need to extend my challenge or maybe incorporate this intentionality into my life for the long term... hmmm, will have to think on this.  Next week will be the last week of Feb, so I'll have to have a decision by then.

So, let's move ahead with this week... here is what I have on the menu plan for this week: 

Meals:
-Lasagna- using homemade spaghetti sauce I made last fall (I also 'sneak' some minced frozen zucchini into the sauce... it is too small to be noticed but adds some more good veggies to the mix. ;P  My family doesn't do chunky cooked veggies of any sort well, but this works for us.).  I have a couple of pre-made lasagnas in the freezer that I made up extra last time I made lasagna... I love being able to pull a full meal out of the freezer!
-Cheesy Ham & Potato hotdish (another freezer meal) & Baked Candied Squash - over the weekend I cooked up the last of the squash that I had in cold storage and prepared it for freezing.
-Enchiladas- I make my own enchilada sauce using frozen garden tomato sauce & I'll also bring out canned salsa to enjoy with the meal

Breakfasts/Snacks:
Oatmeal Squash cookies - (This is a great kid snack that I cut out of a baby magazine a few years back.  I'll try and post it when I get it made!) Made cake & had a birthday party last week instead of making this so I'll try again this week.

Happy Garden Eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.