Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Oatmeal Squash Cookies

I finally got to making these Oatmeal Squash Cookies after having them on my meal plan for two weeks.  That's how it goes for things that are treats and not meals... they get left until there is a little extra time in my day!

I found this recipe in a baby magazine several years when my oldest was a newborn (and I had time to read magazines!).  I have altered it and made it my own since.  This is a yummy and healthy snack for kids or can even substitute for a breakfast bar on your way out the door on 'one of those mornings'.  I hope you enjoy. :)

Oatmeal Squash Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 c soft butter
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 c pureed squash or pumpkin (choose your favorite - a friend even used sweet potatoes!)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 c rolled oats
1/2 c raisins

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Cream butter and sugars.  Add squash, eggs and vanilla; beat.  Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.  Last mix in raisins. 

Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a well greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy.  Makes approximately 2 dozen large cookies.

Note:  If you have a chocolate craving, consider adding 1/4 - 1/2 c mini chocolate chips for a little treat. ;)

Happy Garden Eating! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.