Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Herbed Imitation Crab Salad

I have been trying hard to be intentional about using fresh herbs for cooking this summer and today I just have to share my new favorite kitchen creation.  It uses fresh chives and dill.

I am a huge fan of crab salad and couldn't resist trying a recipe I found online that called for not just one but two fresh herbs.  I wasn't completely happy with it and started making adjustments to meet my taste (I'm the only one in my house who will eat crab salad so, yes, it was all just for me!).  Here is my final product.

Herbed Imitation Crab Salad
  • 1 pkg imitation crab (chopped or shredded)
  • 1/2 c sweet onion (finely chopped)
  • 1/4 c celery (finely chopped)
  • 1/4 c dill pickle (finely chopped)
  • 1/2 can black olives (sliced)
  • 1/4 c cheddar cheese (shredded)
  • 1/3 c mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
  • 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
  • 1 1 Tbl sugar
  • 1 tsp yellow mustard
  • 1 Tbl garden fresh chives (chopped)
  • 1/2 tsp garden fresh dill (I finely chopped the stem, leaves & flower)
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.  Stir well and chill at least one hour (I recommend overnight) to allow all the flavors to release and incorporate.

Serve by itself, on crackers or I recommend as a sandwich on a nice crusty bun, a couple leaves of garden fresh lettuce. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have the last couple of weeks! ;)

I'm sorry I don't have a picture.  I didn't think to take one before I ate it all.

Happy Gardening and Eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.