Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

On the Menu This Week (8-12 to 8-18)

For the last several years I have challenged myself to focus on using from my pantry and shop less for a couple months each winter... a Pantry Challenge.  With the end of February and this year's pantry challenge complete, I found that I really liked having a basic menu plan to guide me.  I decided to continue making a month long menu, and be intentional about using garden produce and preserves from last season.

I have just about exhausted my stock of frozen and canned garden produce from last year, but fortunately, the garden and backyard fruit are producing fresh again.  It is now my goal to incorporate as much fresh produce and herbs as I can into our meals, and then preserve the abundance for the winter and spring to come.

Overall, I have to say that intentional menu planning has been good for my family. :D  It only takes me 15-20 min to put together a new menu for the month unless I get stuck trying to think of something new to add.  If you are interested in joining me in intentional menu planning, check out my Pantry Challenge post to get an idea of how to get started.

Here is what is on our menu this week...

Garden fresh this week:
-cucumbers
-pole beans
-zucchini/summer squash
-tomatoes

Meals:
Hungry Jack Hotdish (great way to re-purpose leftovers baked beans from the weekend)
Zucchini Skillet* - uses fresh zucchini, tomato, onion (a favorite of mine; my family allows me to make this once a year) - didn't get to this last week; it will stay on the menu until I get my one meal :}
Buffalo Chicken Burger & Mock KFC coleslaw
Crockpot Pork Roast & grilled potato/veggie packet

Snack:
-fresh veggies 
-Apple Muffins - uses apples I chopped and froze last fall
Preserve:
-Spicy Dilled Bean Pickles (pg10)

What are you harvesting and eating fresh this week?  Are you preserving any garden produce this week?  I'd love hear about your favorite recipes!

Happy Garden Eating! :)

*this is a recipe I hope to post soon

1 comment:

  1. Do you need a quick loan?
    Have you been denied a bank loan?
    Do you need a loan during this pandemic?
    interest rate of 2% no matter your location
    Do you need a loan to solve your financial problems?
    If so, then you are in luck because my company lends for a short time and the interest rate is low. If you are interested, Kindly reply to us at (Whats App) number:+919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.