Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie

I picked the season's first rhubarb last night.  We have been enjoying fruit smoothies recently and I decided it was time to see how rhubarb would work in a smoothie.  I gave it a whirl today and thought I would share our yummy 'concoction' with you.  :)


Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Smoothie

2 c cleaned and chopped rhubarb
1/2 c water
1 carton strawberries (cleaned with leaves & stems removed)
1/4 - 1/3 c sugar
2-4 c ice (depending on desired consistency)

Bring water to  boiling in a medium saucepan and then add the rhubarb.  Boil for 5 min and remove from heat.  Allow it to cool completely.

Pour the cooked rhubarb and liquid, strawberries and sugar into a blender and puree the fruit.  Add the ice and puree until smooth.

Serve or freeze in popsicle molds immediately.  Enjoy!

Happy Backyard Eating! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.