Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Baked Caramel Apple Pancakes

This apple treat is a fall favorite in my home.  My mom clipped the original recipe out of the newspaper and passed it on to me a few years ago.  I have since adjusted it for our tastes and preferences.  It is another recipe that I'm sure your family will enjoy as much as mine! :)

Baked Caramel Apple Pancake
(Serves 4)

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Saute' apples in butter and brown sugar in an oven safe 9 " skillet.

2 large apples peeled & sliced
1/2 c butter
2/3 c brown sugar

3. Meanwhile, combine in a large bowl the following pancake ingredients:

1 c buttermilk
1/4 c whole wheat flout
3/4 c all purpose flour
1 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
2 Tbs oil

4. Slowly pour the pancake batter over the sauteing apples, and cook on the stove top until it begins to bubble.

5. Move to the oven and bake for 12-17 minutes.

6.  Serve hot with country sausage, bacon or ham.  No syrup necessary!


If you like this apple recipe, you might check out my Apple Muffin recipe as well. 

Happy Harvest Cooking! :)

Old Fashion Recipe Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.