Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

On the Menu (10-21 to 10-27)

For the last several years I have challenged myself to focus on using from my pantry and shop less for a couple months each winter... a Pantry Challenge.  With the end of February and this year's pantry challenge complete, I found that I really liked having a basic menu plan to guide me.  I decided to continue making a month long menu, and to be intentional about using fresh garden produce and preserves.  We are still harvesting a few cold tolerant items and preserving a few things, but for the most part it is now time once again to enjoy what I was able to preserve this summer. :}

Overall, I have to say that intentional menu planning has been good for my family. :D  It only takes me 15-20 min to put together a new menu for the month unless I get stuck trying to think of something new to add.  If you are interested in joining me in intentional menu planning, check out my Pantry Challenge post to get an idea of how to get started.


Last week I completely re-wrote my menu when the cold rainy weather arrived and filled it with soup and chili.  ;)  Don't you love a flexible menu plan! :D  Here is this weeks 'plan'.  We'll see if I stick to it better this week! ;P

Here is what is on our menu this week...

Still available fresh from the garden:
-carrots
-kohlrabi
-kale
-cabbage

Meals:
Pork Carnitas - homemade pepper sauce
Turkey Potpie - frozen veggies & left over turkey from the weekend
Scalloped Potatoes - garden potatoes I bought from a fellow gardener
Spinach Artichoke Pasta - fresh spinach (this a maybe if I can come up with something else to make a main course for the rest of my family! ;})

Snack:
-dried apples
-squash/pumpkin something

 Preserve:
-no plans yet this week;  still waiting for the rest of my green tomatoes to ripen in my kitchen; down to one last flat!  :)

Is your garden done or are you harvesting and eating fresh yet this week?  Are you preserving any garden produce this week?  I'd love hear about your favorite recipes!

Happy Garden Eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.