Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Pantry Challenge: On the Menu this Week

The second week of January I shared that I have embarked on a Pantry Challenge in which I intend to be intentional about using up what I preserved from my garden last fall and have stocked up in my pantry over the last year.  If you want to know more details about how I plan to accomplish this, check out my post here.

Last week I had two sets of overnight company and had to re-adjust my menu several times but I still managed to use from my pantry.  :D  One of my adjustments last week was to use a homemade chicken pot pie that I had made on a freezer cooking day before Christmas.  Unfortunately the pot pie was part of my menu plan for this week so now I am having to make more adjustments, but the beauty of a flexible plan is that adjustments are easy!

Here is what I have on the menu plan for this week:

Meals:
Cheesy Ham & Potato Bake (using garden potatoes from a friend)
Chili (using garden salsa or zucchini salsa preserved last fall)
Sloppy Joes (using leftover flopped Meatloaf I made last week & home canned tomato juice)

Breakfasts/Snacks:
Zucchini Bread

Happy Garden Eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.