Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

Ugh, SLUGS!!!

I have battled slugs since I started my personal garden in 2005.  When I first noticed them I thought, "No big deal, I can share."  By the end of that first season I had discovered that slugs DO NOT SHARE!!!  They virtually stripped my beans, kohlrabi, strawberries, ate holes in most of the tomatoes and even nibbled on the jalapeno peppers!

There began my battle with slugs and again this fall I am noticing the presence of slugs in my garden.  I have tried many of the suggested treatments for slugs and have come down to a couple of control methods that work well for me.

1. Do Not Provide Cover/Habitat - remove plant debris and keep mulch about 4 inches away from the stems of your plants

2. Remove and Squish - look in moist cool locations to find the slugs hiding during the day or hunt them out in early morning/late evening.

3. Slug Bait (family & pet safe) - It is not always easy to find child/pet safe slug bait.  I usually order from mail order catalogs.

4. Spray With Ammonia - ammonia (NH3) will kill the slugs & leave behind nitrogen in your garden. A win win in my book!

What is your favorite slug control method?

Happy Gardening (& pest control)!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.