Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

In the Kitchen: Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa

I was introduced to a couple of 'open can and dump' versions of this recipe early this spring.  It reminds my family of a corn salsa we get at our favorite burrito joint.  I have been anxiously waiting for my tomatoes and peppers to ripen so that I could try it with fresh ingredients.  If you are interested in one of the original recipes, check out this one on my Pinterest recipe board.

Here is my fresh version.  Enjoy! :)


Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa
From The Full Circle Gardener

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c whole corn kernals (frozen, canned - drained or fresh- blanched & cut off cob)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 mild pepper (anaheim, hungarian wax)
2 c chopped tomato
1/4 c fresh cilantro chopped
1 clove crushed garlic
1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1/2 c oil
1/2 c white vinegar
3 Tbs lemon or lime juice
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin

Clean and chop all veggies and herbs into bite size pieces.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.  Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use. 

Note:  My husband is not a bean fan so I make the whole recipe without the beans and set aside about 1/3 of the salsa for him.  I then add the black beans to the remaining 2/3 of the salsa for the rest of the family.

Post image for Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange 9/11
Linked Up to Little House on the Prairie Living Old Fashion Recipe Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.