Questions? Write Me at

Questions? Write me at fullcirclegardener @ cableone . net.

On the Menu This Week (6-24 to 6-30)

For the last several years I have challenged myself to focus on using from my pantry and shop less for a couple months each winter... a Pantry Challenge.  With the end of February and this year's pantry challenge complete, I found that I really enjoyed having a basic menu plan to guide me.  I decided to continue making a month long menu, and be intentional about using garden produce and preserves from last season.

I am now on my sixth consecutive month of making a menu and I'm loving it!  I am also finding that it only takes me 15-20 min to put together a new menu for the month unless I get stuck thinking of something new to add. ;)  Be encouraged, if you are new to menu planning, it does get quicker and easier with time.  I am also finding that I have just about exhausted my stock of frozen and canned garden produce from last year.  Honestly, this is probably the first year that I am able to say that!  Overall, I have to say that intentional menu planning has been good for me and my family. :D  If you are interested in joining me in intentional menu planning, check out my Pantry Challenge post to get an idea of how to get started.

Here is what is on our menu this week...

Meals:
-Smoked Pork Carnita with Black Bean and Corn Salsa (This is an open the can & dump salsa recipe that I look forward to re-making into a fresh ingredient recipe soon!)
-Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes (all store bought ingredients - potatoes are growing well; I look forward to harvest in late summer or fall!)
-Turkey with Sweet Potato Bake (didn't happen last week & turkey sandwiches will be good this weekend with 4th of July holiday activities starting up.)

Snack:
-fresh fruit & veggies
-Rhubarb something? (I pulled one last harvest from my rhubarb this weekend and am trying to decide what to make with it.)


What are you harvesting and eating fresh this week?

Happy Garden Eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your gardening comments and/or questions.